Valentine’s Week activities, special offers and packages
Already one of the world’s most romantic destinations, San Antonio is going all out for this year’s Valentine’s Week by transforming into the “City of Yellow Roses.” Roses mean romance, but in San Antonio it’s only natural that the color of romance be yellow, not red.
Visitors can experience the City of Yellow Roses February 10-19 in many ways:
- Three River Walk barges will charm visitors with floating serenades. Acoustic guitar, marimba and mariachi musicians will entertain with live music the weekends of February 10 and 17, as well as Valentine’s Day, February 14.
- In addition to the serenade barges, 10 other barges will be decked out in yellow roses, ribbons and more, to add even more color and romance to the River Walk during Valentine’s Week.
- Romance-themed hotel packages offer special getaways. A dozen are currently listed, with more being added every day. One hotel is even including 1,000 yellow rose petals in its package offering.
- A Valentine Value Card will offer other “City of Yellow Roses” specials. The card is available online. Visitors can also pick one up at hotel reception desks of downtown hotels, bed and breakfasts and resorts (next to a bouquet of yellow roses), as well as the San Antonio International Airport, the Visitor Information Center on Alamo Plaza, and at the Convention Center. Romantic offerings include everything from yellow roses at hotel turn-down service or presented at check-in, Yellow Rose drink specials, Yellow Rose cupcakes, spa specials, and more.
- San Antoniois also partnering with American Greetings as part of “City of Yellow Roses.” Starting February 10, there will be a themed romance card on Americangreetings.com that will carry the yellow rose and San Antonio romance messaging.
A dreamy mix of European-like canals, Spanish flair, Old West charm, and Texas big hearted warmth - there will be more romance than ever in San Antonio this Valentine’s Week. At CityofYellowRoses.com, visitors can learn more about what makes San Antonio que romantica! Information includes 10 Great Romantic Spots in San Antonio, Tips from Locals, San Antonio After Dark, Food & Wine, Four-Day Romance Itinerary, and videos showcasing San Antonio as a romantic and relaxing destination.
* * *
The San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau, a department of the City of San Antonio, is funded through the hotel/motel occupancy tax. The bureau is a marketing, sales and service organization dedicated to the promotion of San Antonio as a meetings and visitor destination for the purpose of positively affecting the city's economy.