Brenda J. Square, CMP, has been appointed Director of Convention Services for the San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau (SACVB). Square brings more than 27 years of event service experience to the position, including nine years with the SACVB.
She will lead an award-winning Services staff in creating a seamless transition from sales to services for groups that select San Antonio as a meeting/convention destination. The SACVB serviced almost 500 meetings last year. Square’s responsibilities for group business in San Antonio include the following:
- computerized housing,
- registration assistance,
- coordination of site and planning meetings,
- welcome packages,
- community awareness of groups meeting in San Antonio,
- leads to area providers,
- marketing support through customized microsites, print and electronic attendance builders,
- discount programs for meeting/ convention attendees, and
- liaison for contacts with city, county and state officials.
Discover more about the San Antonio CVB at www.visitsanantonio.com.
* * *
The San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau, a department of the City of San Antonio, is funded through the hotel/motel occupancy tax. The bureau is a marketing, sales and service organization dedicated to the promotion of San Antonio as a meetings and visitor destination for the purpose of positively affecting the city's economy.